We are holding a sponsored Fun Run on Friday 10th July to raise money for our nominated charity ‘IF U Care Share’. If you would like to register for this run can you please return the form (sent home on 4th February) to Mrs Raine before Friday 3rd April, as we need accurate numbers in order to fill the 70 seater coach.
You do not have to be ‘super fit’; whilst this is a run, the focus is fun, teamwork and raising as much as we can for charity. We do not want people to feel put off if they worry they cannot do it, if you want you can jog/walk the route. It is just over 3 mile, from Rowley to Consett Rugby Club, which is mainly running along the cycle path. We will run if it is raining, although fingers crossed for a dry day as this is also the day of our charity event! If this is not for you or your child, they will still complete a sponsored run during the afternoon around the Rugby fields. If it is for you then you have 5 months to train for it.
Before you enter, here are some things to consider:
- You must start and finish with your child. If you have more than one sibling in school you can run as a family, you can even push younger siblings in a buggy.
- If your child wants to participate and you do not, another family member can go in your place, or another child’s parent. Just ensure you inform us of the person they are registering to run with.
- If you want to participate and your child does not, then still register, it is a sponsored event so the more participants the better, plus, the camaraderie will be amazing. Extra adults on the route will also be helpful for the organisation.
- To get to Rowley there is a 70 seater coach leaving from our school at 1.00 p.m. So, arriving at school for no later than 12.40 p.m. is advised. The coach will take us to Rowley farm at the entrance to the farm track. The route is mainly the cycle track, but there are some roads to cross to get to the Consett bypass, then the route passed the Academy leading the Rugby Club.
- The participating adult is responsible for the care of their child on the run.
- There will be Marshals at points on the run (with first aid kits and camera’s!)
- Registration is from now until 3rd April 2020
- The race finishes at Consett Rugby Club, participants must sign the register on arrival at the club so we know everyone has made it back safely.
Once you have returned your form, you will receive further information and your sponsorship forms (After Easter).