The two weeks after half term (weeks beginning 22-2-21 and 1-3-21) we would like you to work on a project of your choice. This will be instead of doing Literacy and foundation subjects on Purple Mash.
Purple Mash Numeracy, TTRockstars and myOn reading should still be done.
The project can be on a topic that you know lots about or a topic you are really interested in (NUFC, Dogs, Consett, Dinosaurs, Gymnastics, Little Mix, Minecraft, David Attenborough, America etc.) You can do any topic you want. Prizes are going to be awarded for the best projects.
Your project should:
- Be neatly presented and well-organised
- Be word processed, hand written or a mixture of the two (school can provide paper if you need it, and we will leave packs of paper in the entrance way in a box)
- It should be good quality and detailed, as it is going to take two weeks to complete
- It should be your own, original work and not cut and paste from the internet (we know the difference)
- Researched using books, magazines, the internet etc.
- Be handed in by 10-3-21 (by email or put through the school’s letter box)
- Your project should include:
- A bright, eye catching front cover (put your name on)
- A numbered contents page (do this last and put it after the front cover)
- A set of six fact files
- An original short story (at least 200 words)
- An original poem (any type)
- Two pieces of good quality artwork
- A labelled diagram
- An interview
- Any other (free choice) pieces of work
- A glossary explaining the meaning of technical vocabulary used (put this at the back)
If you have any questions about your topic please email the Y4 staff or phone school and we will be happy to help.
Good luck with your projects. We can’t wait to see them all.
From the Y4 Team.