Please see information below (letter attached below if families wish to print it off)
As you know, Wednesday 9th June, the first Wednesday after we return from the half term break is our school trip (weather depending!). We thought that we would make a list of things the children will need so you can sort things out over the half term.
In the morning, we are likely to go to the park to explore and play games. If the little train is running, those children who would like to ride it can (around £1/2). We will eat lunch in the park so if it is sunny we can sit in the shade.
After lunch we will head to the beach, get an ice cream then go and play on the sand, explore the rock pools (if the tide is out), look for fossils and paddle in the sea before returning home.
The things therefore that we will require your child to bring are as follows:
• A bag to carry their things (a rucksack type of bag will be best so it’s easier to carry when walking).
• At least 2 drinks- 1 for packed lunch and water for the day. Two drink cartons won’t be enough so please ensure you send a water bottle as one of their drinks.
• A packed lunch (unless ordered from school). If you have ordered one from school, your child will be given it on the day and will be responsible for it (please don’t include sweets and chocolate).
• Sun cream (please apply before we go, this will be for a top up after lunch if required).
• A hat (named) and if desired sunglasses (the children will be responsible for these at all times).
• A towel in a carrier bag.
• Swimming costume/change of clothes for paddle in the sea. There aren’t any changing facilities at South Shield’s so the children will have to help one another by holding a towel around them to get changed!
• Named bucket and spade (this is optional as your child will have to carry it. We will bring a selection of toys to play with)
• No more than £5 spending money – coins preferred (your child will be responsible for their own money, we will not be looking after it)
As mentioned at the beginning of the letter this trip is weather dependent. However as we haven’t booked anything at South Shields we are flexible for re-arranging another date if Wednesday 9th June is a rainy day- no one wants to visit the seaside on a rainy day!
We are really excited for our trip and being able to take the Year 3’s to the seaside! It will be a wonderful day.
Thank you for your continued support,
The Year 3 team